Through the generosity of two DAM moms, I have been given a bucket for each baby. Better yet, they MATCH! They are a little dirty and need to be cleaned up, but this saved me over $200 bucks! Now I can feel better about eventually spending $250 a pop on convertible seats when they grow out of these. WOOT!
And what's really scary about this is that means we're ready. Holy shit. I'm 31 weeks. Many sets of twins come forth at 34 weeks. Now, I'm not wishing that mess of hospital birth, NICU stays, and scary, tiny babies who have sucking issues on myself by ANY means. I'm not that miserable. But what sank in today looking at those car seats was if they did come early for some reason, that's a whole 2 weeks and 6 days from today. Crap. When did we get the clock running down so fast? I'm only 34 days to term now. They have, have, have to stay in there until May 2nd at least, since that's when we get our 'economic stimulus payment' from the government and we can buy the bigger van. Well, and for many other reason, both selfish and completely not. But for sure, at least another 4 weeks and 6 days!
I'm doing pretty well. I'm tired a lot. A little more swollen a little more often. My reflux is better now that Ben is also head down but that enormous pressure on my girly bits is hard to deal with some days. I have to be really careful to not overdo my activity but my chiropractor is still keeping me very comfortable. I feel better mentally now, actually, than I did at 40 weeks with Isabella. I've got another 4 weeks in me for sure. I know all you natural birth twin Mamas are saying to yourself "they probably aren't coming out at 36 weeks, Chantel" and believe me I know that. It's just the First Hurdle. The Big Exhale. It's the moment in time when I re-set my head space and relax and refocus my drive to continue until the end. I have a lot of little goals. Next Friday is a big one at 32 weeks. Then I'm working on 34. Then 36. Then I will reset everything inside me and wander through those last 4 weeks holding my breath and waiting for them to emerge! ;)
4 comments:
We just got our 2nd bucket on Wed,and I've been panicking ever since! Esp since Thurs, I developed some pitting edema in my feet that hasn't gone away!! Then, of course, I go spend Fri night at the twins club sale shopping my little heart out. And today I had to volunteer for 4 hrs. Sounds like Sun is a good day to spend in bed! Where did the freaking time go!!!
You are so close now! I am so excited for you!!!
You write so beautifully with such maternal serenity!... you amaze me! I will be checking for your "refocus" every day and thinking of you even more often!
Sharon - Pinks & Blues
You so have a way of writing Chantel! You ROCK mama! I'm so glad you have generous friends, that's awesome!! How exciting you are getting the bigger van! You are in my thoughts and prayers everyday! Love ya!
Post a Comment