Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Happy Fools Day!

Today is Gabe's 6th birthday. My big boy. It's also April Fool's Day. Today is the first time I've EVER pulled a prank. I tried to convince an entire board of my Mommy Friends that I was having triplets. I was only mildly successful and only because I enlisted the help of my awesome midwife. :)

Anyway, because of that upcoming joke, I have been purposefully vague on here. I owe some updates!

First of all, we had a sono last Monday at 30 weeks 3 days. Remember all those contractions I had a few weeks ago and I said I thought Ben had flipped head down? Well, he did indeed! I had two baby heads in my pelvis. No wonder it feels like someone is ripping it apart! Claire was diagonal at that point, with her head in my left hip and butt in my right ribs. Ben was more toward my pelvis but floating higher up. We thought he might push her out of the way and become the presenting twin, but that was not to be....

Claire was 3 pounds 8 ounces. Ben was 3 pounds 6 ounces. I fully expect them to hit 7 pounds in the mid 36th week just like all my other kids (cept Iz, but then she had placenta issues). No 'small twins' here. Both looked great, and very healthy.

At my prenatal yesterday, it was a good news/bad news kinda day. Babies are still fine. Nice, healthy heart beats. Claire has now moved back to my pelvis, and indeed moved down quite a bit. I actually think she went ahead and engaged last night because, OUCH, I have that lovely 'baby falling out' feeling every time I pee. Ben moved over to her previous position and likes to nuzzle (read: grind) his head into my left hip. If they stay this way, he'll only have to move a tiny bit to the right and drop to come out after she's born.

The bad news was that my urine dip sucked. After an initial freak out by me (I spent all day Sunday in bed with contractions and discomfort/swelling/headache) we decided it was likely because I have a little tummy bug which was just enough to dehydrate me despite drinking tons. Twins and me and poo issues. Because of that I had ketones, protein, and leukocytes in my pee. Cori went ahead and had it analyzed/cultured by the lab. She called a little bit ago and the analysis is conclusive that I'm fine, just dehydrated. The culture will be back in a few days and I'm hoping there is no sign of the evil BV.

So, there you have it. Everyone is healthy and whole and fine. I'll be hitting a BIG mark on Friday. 32 weeks. Wow. My BP is still beautiful, and as long as my cervix holds out, we're going to make it!

3 comments:

Judit said...

You are so awesome. You're doing a terrific job. And you have some very cooperative kiddos in there! It will be a joy to raise them.
My firstborn is also a Gabriel, and his sixth birthday is coming up this fall. Congrats!

heather@it'stwinsanity said...

Happy Birthday to Gabe!!

Krysta said...

I still haven't forgiven you- you naughty little minx!
I spent the entire day trying to figure out whether to think "Holy crap she's having triplets!!!" or "what a little trickster!"
Cotton told me not to believe it- but
it was just too convincing!

a big rasberry to you, and one for your sneaky midwife, too!