Thursday, October 25, 2007

My Pants Don't Fit

I'll be 9 weeks tomorrow, and I had to suck it in to button today. I'm for sure in the market for a Bella Band when we get paid next week. Right now, I am either wearing really uncomfortable jeans or yoga/sweat pants and big t-shirts. I do have some maternity left, but not much and what is still hanging around has seen at least two baby bellies. I am in the market, anyway. I saw some really cute shirts at Gap the other day. But we're limited on expendable income for the next month so maybe for Christmas. I decided when I found out about this "unexpected blessing" that I was going to treat myself like the Queen Pregnant Bee, and I stick to that commitment. Husband even hired a housekeeper to come once a week and help me keep the abode clean. I have no idea how we are going to swing paying her next month since he's been so slow at work, but God works miracles! ;0)

I made my first prenatal appointment with my midwife for the 20th of November (if you don't know a lot about home birth, check out this page). I will be 12 weeks and we should be able to pick up a heartbeat. I will let you all know how that goes. My morning sickness is finally starting to ease up and give me a little break these days. It's been a very severe ride. I even canceled my plans to go up to St. Louis because of how sick I was. It was a good choice since we were supposed to leave tomorrow and #1 spent the day puking. That and husband's work revoked all time off right now. He doesn't even get his regular days off. :0(

Anyway, still nursing #4 3-4 times a night so still exhausted. I won't put effort into night weaning her until she is 12 months or I lose my milk, whichever comes first. I need her to nurse until a year and then I can be OK with her weaning if it happens. I am also at a place now where I am OK with nursing them both. I will be given the grace and strength, just as I have risen to every other mothering challenge.

No comments: