It was a really nice, really laid back afternoon. The food was SO yummy! I had a blast. Hannah went with me and was very excited to learn how to use 'chomp sticks' and drink hot tea. She kept requesting "cheers" so she could clink cups with me. Too sweet! I also got to meet my doula's daughter Vanessa who will be attending my birth. She's an amazingly talented artist and she drew me a card, which really, really touched my heart. I am so excited that she will be there for the kids. I think she has an incredibly bright future ahead of her.
I always feel a bit strange being the center of attention. Odd for a former Thespian, I know. It was such a wonderful afternoon though, and I love that it was low stress. Both babies slept through it (thank the Lord) and I've had a really mild contractions day so my body cooperated for me as well. I even got a new top, which I swear before you all if my husband sticks this in the dryer I'll wring his neck and bury his body in the back yard! :-P I'm straining the seams on the three shirts I have that are summer and still cover my belly!
In other news, I'm now living on Gatorade. It's the only thing that keeps my headaches away. Obviously my blood volume is crazy large and my electrolytes get completely out of whack. Otherwise, it's now 12 days to term!
A few photos, I am missing a few people though..... stupid camera died on me! Thanks to Shannon for getting some for me too!
Me and Hannah. Pregnant fat face has attacked, I'm afraid:
For those that think I'm "too small" to be carrying twins......
Shannon, one of the darling hostesses:
Melody, the other adorable hostess with her daughters:
My own adorable Hannah:
Friend Cheryl on the left and friend/midwife Cori on the right:
Doula Delilah and Baby Kate:

Random guests:


3 comments:
awesome!! I have more Gatorade in my freezer than anything else! Glad you had some mama time!!
Aww! I'm glad you enjoyed it!
I really wish i could have made it out, but life got in my way. :-(
I do want to send you a bead, though! Re-send your mailing address, please!
I'm so glad that you enjoyed your pampered day mama! I wish that I could've been there! How exciting that you only have less than two weeks until term WOOHOO!! I want to send you a bead as well, so I'll need your address :)
*HUGS*
Post a Comment