Monday, May 19, 2008

Breech!

I have two BREECH babies, but neither are footling!!!! :D

They look like this

That's what's called a complete breech, which is why we can feel those feet through palpation and when she checks my cervix. As long as she continues to sink down butt first (which she is doing, very slowly, and she's RIGHT THERE on the ultrasound) we're home free.

Very loose estimate of around 7 pounds each. It's hard to get a good measure on their parts since they are so squished together. That's also why Cori has such a hard time determining position through palpation. They are literally using each other as pillows.

I am so relieved. And that feeling I've had that labor is going to be easy seems to be right on. Their body parts are smaller than my normal kiddos are at term. I've never spit out such tiny babies and as I can drop a 9 pounder with barely a push.....

I could be wrong, I wouldn't place bets, but with 14 pounds of babies and another several pounds of fluid and placental weight, I think my cervix will just GIVE eventually. I made a lot of progress yesterday morning with very little work. Today I've had three monster contractions and now have tons more mucous so I'd say I've probably made another cm or so.

I'm so excited. There is a small chance I could still need a c-section for footling or some other unrelated complication but it's looking fine right now. Labor vibes ladies. I'm ready!

8 comments:

Marissa said...

Hearing that you will get the homebirth you've wanted (hopefull!) puts tears in my eyes. I can't wait to "meet" your little ones.

Anonymous said...

I am sure at least one of them would turn vertex, perhaps after the first one is born, there will be more room for the second to turn. once his booty is down in the pelvis, he will probably stay that way, but no guarantee! :) I am very excited for you. Looking forward to your birth story.prayers for you from here. Hugs, Cathi from MDC..

Michelle said...

Great news! I didn't think they were 'footling' BTW, just not down in the pelvis far enough! T'ennyrate, hopefully, one of them will sit down and stay down. I do have a homeopathic regimen for c sec recovery though, if you want it. Let me know. I won't send it on here as it might feel like "bad juju"....if you need it, it's here for you. I'm happy for you!

Dianna@KennedyAdventures said...

I've been thinking about you, and Ben and Claire today. So proud of you for hanging in there, and cooking healthy babies.

It won't be long, now, momma!!
Good luck!!

Judit said...

Excellent!!! *Visualizing baby butt sitting on cervix*

Unknown said...

This is such wonderful news...I know it will happen soon, sending good vibes of a smooth and awesome labor for you guys!

heather@it'stwinsanity said...

Awesome news!!! I'm sending you all the *easy-twin-birth-labor vibes* I can muster!

Chelle said...

I'm so glad to read that you are doin better! You seem at peace and are confident!! If there is any woman who know's her body, it's you! That's awesome! You are in my thoughts and prayers and I'm so excited for you! Way to go,cookin those babies for so long! Smooth Labor & Delivery vibes for ya mama! Love ya!