I'm up timing rather strong contractions that woke me from my dozing, I mean sleep. So far, these feel like the Real Deal and are creating what can only be described as buckets of mucous. No one break out the champagne yet though! I've been fooled a couple of times before this pregnancy ;-)
I'll keep as updated as possible.
**update 9:17am**
Dave decided I wasn't in "real" labor and went to work. My subsequent upset at being left alone to labor with 4 small children resulted in contractions spacing way out. I'm going to rest as I've been up since 4 this morning.
**update 11:42am**
The kids are being positively angelic but while I'm still contracting and losing mucous I'm not "going" anywhere and seem to be in a holding pattern. I STRONGLY feel that they are supposed to be born today but that might not happen. One of them flipped breech after I stopped sobbing earlier. It would be silly for me to think they don't know I'm upset. I think it freaked them out a bit, since I was so welcoming of my labor this morning. *sigh* I'm very frustrated at Dave and I need to work through those feelings before anything is going to pick up again.
15 comments:
oooh i so hope it's labor! hoping all is going well!
I'm keeping ya'll in my thoughts! I hope it's the real deal for you as I know you can't wait to see those two babies that have been baking inside you!
YAY Mama! I hope this is it for you!! I'll be praying for you today! Smooth, Zen, relaxing vibes all around! I know you can't wait to smell those precious babes! Love ya girl!
We are all praying for you today! AHH! Can't wait to see them!
Waiting... waiting... waiting... Keeping you in my thoughts and hoping this is it!!
Ack! NO! I have to be at work soon! Haha...come, babies, come! EEEE!!! I hope this is it too!!! :) ((((Chantel))))
(((((((((((((C)))))))))))))
Thinking about you today.
Good luck if this is it! I'll be thinking of you today! :)
How exciting, thanks for the updates! Positive vibes being sent your way =)
i'm so sorry! BIG HUGS!!! Hopefully you can get some rest.
I'm sorry girl! I hope you get some rest! I'm sorry you are so frustrated! I hope his ass comes home to be with you! I'm thinkin of you!
The one thing that kept me going was remembering that if they're spacing back out, maybe this is just the warmup. I wasn't always fond of that thought, because I was ready for it to be over, but I just kept in mind that if I could keep doing my everyday activities through it, it probably wasn't active enough to be worrying anyway.
You'll make it through this! And you'll look back in retrospect and think of it as one of the greatest achievements of your life. Hang in there!
I am from your December 06' board,Christina...Remember me? Anyway I have been reading your blog for a couple weeks now and I am hoping today is the day!! Obviously your an experienced home birther but with my last one I thought my labor was going no where when I was actually 6-7 cm and about to go into transition. Once my midwife arrived ( i think i felt more comfortable with her there) my labor picked up QUICK.
Anyway....((((((((((((GOOD VIBES)))))
Is either baby yet head/bum down, well applied to the cervix? If the presenting part is still high-- above -2 station-- your body may continue to "try" to labor but stall out with some uterine fatigue if there isn't anything on the cervix to stimulate the contractions. It sounds like your fatigue level might warrant a good and thorough vag exam to see where those sweet little head/bums are, exactly. If they are still high, trying to stop the labor altogether for a couple of days with some herbs/homeopathy/booze might be a good plan so that you can get some truly good sleep ( as much as possible when you are in your 100th year of pregnancy with twins! ). I've had very good luck with this approach to a long and tiring prodromal labor pattern with good, productive labor ensueing with some good rest and more descent of the presenting part; the resting will be conducive to the descent as the lower uterine segment will "relax" a bit in the process. Courage my dear! I'll keep checking and keeping good thoughts!
Chantel, I hope things get better (or maybe by this time you are in your zone). You are one amazing woman and you are in my thoughts/prayers.
Post a Comment