Monday, April 28, 2008

Upside Down is Right Side Up

I've got two breech babies right now. @@ <~~rolling my eyeballs there

I saw Cori this afternoon and everything looks wonderful with my body. BP was 117/77, fundus was 46cm, urine was perfect again, my hemoglobin was a little low at 9.6, but I've been out of Floradix for two days so that's understandable (I bled like a freak from the finger stick though so it's not something to mess around with), I'm up SIX pounds this week (whoa!) so I told her no more griping at me about weight gain the rest of the pregnancy, and pulse, swelling, and everything else is excellent.

Then it was on to palpation and wouldn't you know, she couldn't find Claire's head. I already knew Ben had flipped back to breech and while I suspected Claire had I wasn't sure. Well, at the sono an hour later it was confirmed she did indeed go butt down. Little stinkers. Otherwise, they look really terrific! Weights are estimated to be 5 pounds 6 ounces for Claire and 5 pounds 10 ounces for Ben. Both were making vigorous breathing movements which Cori says means it's unlikely they will come in the next 3-4 days. Both heartbeats look great, she commented on how "wonderful" my placentas looked, and fluid levels were more than adequate but not 'too much' either. We're for sure still expecting a son and daughter! ;-)

Now our goal is to get them (or at least Claire) to move back head down. If they've got room to turn last Friday then they can certainly move back. I'm anticipating how much fun the earthquake will be! LOL! It wasn't much comfy the first time, let me tell you. I'll be seeing my chiro for Webster twice a week for the next few weeks and taking some homeopathies, as well as blowing up my birth ball and doing some inversions. If all else fails, doing a double breech at home is still something Cori is up to, and me as well come to think of it, it's just preferable that she move back to vertex. I've got what's called a "proven" pelvis so it's not a concern that I 'can't' get a breech out.

You should have seen them all snuggled together, head to head. We got good shots of both their faces. They look identical, which is sort of funny when you think about it, but expected from the Hayes clan. They both have big, chubby cheeks and big old round heads. I can't wait to snuggle them and smooch them and love on them!

1 comment:

Judit said...

CNH, do you have the Turn Your Breech Baby CD by hypnobabies? If you would like it (and would rather not buy it from their site) just drop me a line at judit underscore balassa at yahoo dot com with your mailing address!
:)