Ever since we embarked on this journey, I've been dually focused on two dates. The first one is May 2nd. I will be 36 weeks and technically "term" with twins. I cannot have them before that date because it means I cannot have them at home. Well, and it means other things too, depending on how soon before the 2nd they were to come. Although Laura set my mind at ease last night that she and her husband decided if I have preemies she'll be coming to stay so I don't have to worry so much about getting to the hospital to be with them.
The second date is my actual due date of May 30th. While 36 weeks is fine, we'd really rather they wait until 38 weeks to make an appearance. So basically, the entire month of May is wide open for birth. When I was just having "one baby" I didn't even tell people May was an option. I figured no way would I have 'her' before June, so I just said first week of June. With a singleton, I know my due date is the basic 'shoot for' time. And now I just have no clue. Just as many home birthed twins come at 36 weeks as 38 weeks as 40 weeks. I hate having no idea.
60 days. I have to have everything ready in 60 days. Wow. Then I could just be sitting around on my hand for another month, but better to have it ready and wait than to be caught unprepared. Of course, I pretty much AM prepared for the most part.
Diapers: check
Swing: check
Bouncie: check
Sling: check but need one more
Boobies: yep, those are still attached to my chest....check
Co-sleeper: check
8 passenger van: uh, no
car seats: waiting for them to go on sale
Pack n Play: nope
So, see, I pretty much have the main 'must haves' covered already. And no point totally freaking out over having enough car seats when I don't have any way to transport all of the people yet. I can just rear face a couple of the big kids seats if I need to go somewhere. It's most important that I have it by August when everyone starts school.
60 days. Wow.
No comments:
Post a Comment