A little over a week ago, I had a small break down. Aimed directly at my husband. I screamed, which I rarely do anymore, and yelled and basically had a hissy fit about the lack of help I've been getting. He's busy, he's distracted, and he's lazy. Not a good combo when one's wife is pregnant with twins, has four small children, and a house to run.
Then, on Wednesday, I had a bout with contractions that scared pretty much everyone (except Cori, because she knows I'm doing too much around here). I immediately dropped all balls in the air except the basic needs of the children and getting out enough to keep me semi-sane. So, no laundry, dishes, cooking, cleaning, or errand running for the most part. I'm doing enough to barely get by, and I just expected to be living in filth because Dave could pretty much care less if it's disgusting around here as long as he has clean work clothes, towels, undies, socks, and something to eat.
I'm not being very nice yet, am I?
Ah, but to my complete and utter shock, not only is he 'pitching in', he's pretty much taken everything over. Is he doing it my way? Nope, but you won't hear me complaining (grumbling under my breath, perhaps, but no overt complaining). Laundry done, folded, and somewhat put away. Kitchen clean (MOPPED even). Living room straightened and vacuumed. Daily! Kids up and fed and dressed. Eh, he's letting the bathrooms slide but I can do them one at a time when I'm feeling up to it.
It's an amazing, sudden turn around and I am SO thankful. So I'd like to let Blog Land know that my husband rocks. He stepped up to the plate big time. :) Thank you, sweet and adorable husband, for taking me seriously and for putting our babies first. I love you.
1 comment:
YAY!! That is awesome!! I'm glad that he is pitching in and it's helping you relax more! *HUGS*
Post a Comment