Saturday, March 15, 2008

Mall Madness

I ventured to the mall today to buy the girls their Easter shoes (when did that sneak up on me, anyway?). It was a madhouse. I also lost Dave while there. I need a cell phone, and I'm going to go and get one on Monday. An hour and a half of complete and utter frustration could have been saved with one cell phone call.

So now my back is aching, and I can't GET enough food and water. I sense an early bed time tonight. I'm going to attempt to take the kids to an easter egg hunt tomorrow, but as I'm feeling pretty shitty right now, it's up in the air a little bit. Ironically, the reason I went to GET the shoes today was for the hunt tomorrow. Sigh.

I woke up this morning thinking "please get out of my body" as Claire made her presence boldly known. Bad, bad, bad. Can't get there yet. 6 weeks and 5 more days and THEN I can get as cranky as I want. And what is it with other twin moms? I read that at 30 weeks they are measuring 36 or 37cm. Here I am measuring 40 at 28! And that was a WEEK ago! Whine, whine, whine, I know. They said it would get hard at 30 weeks. They weren't kidding. I'll find another wind of graciousness soon (I hope).

4 comments:

Dianna@KennedyAdventures said...

I'm measuring 34weeks, but I think I'm starting to go out to the sides, instead of out in front.
Hang in there ......

Jonna said...

no need for graciousness! Be pissy and cranky! You deserve it! And you definitely need to get a cell phone.

Celeste said...

hey! i just wanted to say hi and that i love your blog. i found you on the multiples forums on mdc, and went all the way back and read about your twins from the beginning. ^_^ i really appreciate being able to read about your journey. i'm 11w2d with twins myself.

hugs for a hard weekend. the photos you posted today are really stunning!

mdc: celesterra
http://light_of_unity.livejournal.com

Kathleen W. said...

Your pictures look fabulous! I wish I had gotten some professional ones taken during my pregnancy...alas, I am overdue right now so it is too late.
I admire your strength in being pregnant with twins AND taking care of a brood of kids! I am the oldest of 5 (we are very close together in age too) and I can't imagine how my mom did it. It is overwhelming to think about just having one! Good luck to you!