As Michelle from KneelingWoman postulated in the previous post, I've got a footling breech presenting, so labor is stalled again with no pressure on my cervix (although I'm now 3cm and 50% whereas before I was 1cm inside, 3 outside, and 25%). Which is a good thing. My chiro is headed over as I type with her table and hopefully we'll get Benjamin, who stole the pelvis from his head down sister, to flip back behind her and allow her to descend. I'm under orders to call Cori the moment I think I have a head down so we can work on getting her fully engaged.
Otherwise, I'm making peace with a c-section. He's laying in a sort of "lazy boy" reclined position across my cervix. Sometimes he pulls his legs up and dangles his feet down, and sometimes he relaxes and puts his booty there. Obviously, we won't make any decisions until I'm in active labor as to what we're going to do. I still don't feel done. Cori doesn't think I look done. I think I've got another week, so plenty of time for him to move out of her way. If my bag breaks then we'll have to go in, but if it stays intact, we'll even try to get him to move in active labor. If all else fails, we'll transfer for the surgery. Just too many risks with a footling first twin. :-(
We went ahead and did my 38 week prenatal tonight and everything looks well. BP is just up a touch, swelling is WAY down, dropped 2 pounds, and heart tones are where they always are. I'm still having sporadic, strong contractions but I did take a nice two hour nap this afternoon after calling Dave home.
We're going to go in for another scan tomorrow, to try and get some more information on where everyone is inside. I'm working on getting him to flip those legs and get out of her way hard core this week. It's now. Or never.
9 comments:
I'm praying for you...are you still planning on going to Baylor if you need a transfer??
It's the only place I'll even consider Jonna. ;)
I'm proud of you. You are doing great, working hard, and most of all keeping your cool!
Whatever will be will be, but I'm betting you WILL have the beautiful birth that you've been planning all along!
I'm just three months preg atm, but already thinking of all the scenarios that can happen and trying to make peace with whatever is meant for me and my little ones. It takes a huge amount of faith.
It's awesome that you've got yourselves to 38 weeks, by the grace of God, and you are all now primed to meet each other.
WAY TO GO MAMA!
Best prayers to you all.
x
((hugs)) I'm visualizing good positions for those babies so you can be at ease. ((more hugs))
Turn, Ben, turn! (((( ))))
The little (darling) stinker! Were you able to get any sleep/rest? I'm glad you got it all checked out anyway but, there IS still time for him to sit himself down, or get his little head tucked down on his chin! I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Chantel, again,....Courage! Courage!
Well, you asked me on my blog today what you could do to prepare for a csection, so I will try to tell you as best as I can, but both of mine were not planned but more a decision made after long labors, pushing, etc so there is a difference for sure.
The surgery for me involved vomiting, so really ask beforehand about them having phenergan available ASAP for your IV. I was laying flat but it felt like I was upside down and so, combined with being paralyed from anesthesia, the vomiting was near drowning and really overshadowed everything.
They get the baby out really fast and it didnt hurt me at all. Mine both cried really loudly right away and that was a wonderful sound! They took the baby over to the warmer bed thingy and wrapped them up in blankets and then brought them to me to kiss and look at. Both times they were going to go take the baby somewhere and my husband went with them, I wanted him too and I was getting sleepy...then you are back in your room.
So I dont know what to prepare for for the surgery, because our family's number one Big Thing was that both of my cesareans were unplanned, and we were sent scrambling for 6 days worth of childcare, and nobody came through for us, and so my husband had to stay home with the kids and so I was alone and there began the bad, bad times. I feel certain that hardly anyone has to go through something like that because, well, I have just never heard of it, and because the nurses that week were just horrified and kept asking me "Where's your husband? Dont you have a mom? Are you from out of town?"
It was embarassing and very sucky to say the least. I have spent so much of the last few months of my pregnancy realizing how much of my "anti cesarean" stuff is really about that.
I think that a planned csection with good cause, and you being well taken care of in hospital and then well taken care of at home would be a 180 degree situation from mine, and I know you have already stockpiled food and supplies, which is super awesome, because it is painful after they take the IV meds away, it does hurt, and if your husband or helper has to constantly run out to the grocery store or restaurant, it gets to be a bit much.
So,my advice in a nutshell? You are already ready for a c section if you end up needing one. I think people helping you and your family is the number one priority.
Also, it was hard on my littlest one when I was gone like that for 6 days...we hadnt really prepped him very much about the birth because we were planning a homebirth and he was not very verbal then, and I know it was hard on him to have me gone that long. I dont know what might help Izzy but maybe her being SO young would almost be better than 26 months.
Well, now I feel like the big jerk who is telling you bad stuff instead of wishing you luck and smiley faces but you asked me!!! The truth isnt bad, it is just some personal advice.
I know you are in good hands and am so excited to see your dear babies!
HUGS
Housefairy
Thank you so much Joy. I'm all about keeping it real, which is why I asked YOU for the inside scoop. Some women might have easy breezy sections, bounce right back, and go to the store a week later with all their children. That would be nice, for sure, but I can't count on it to work that way for ME. I've got 4 other kids and twins on the way and I know you can relate to the abject FEAR that strikes in the heart....
Post a Comment