Saturday, May 3, 2008

We Did It! I'm Term!!!

36 weeks!!!!!!!! :D

And apparently now the fun of "false" or prodromal labor begins. Woot! I just love being up until dawn with regular, strong contractions that do not a baby bring. Sense the sarcasm? I did this for 8 weeks with Izzy so perhaps I should just be grateful that I won't be doing it that long this time. I think another 2-3 weeks. Boy, narrowed that down since I'm due in 4, huh? Ha! 3 weeks and 6 days until I see my due date. Believe me, that hammers home how much I still want to get done before they are born.

Speaking of which, I got everything I need to "Dave Proof" the birth pool. If you don't know the story, we had a water birth with our third child, Noah (appropriate considering the name, yes?) and Dave ended that ordeal by dumping much of the water all over our kitchen floor. I chose to not have a pool with Isabella because Noah came so quickly I was only in the tub for 15 minutes before birth and maybe 15 after (and it's a pain to set up and take down). I didn't want to fool with it for what I was sure would be a fast labor. 33 hours later I wished I'd had a pool! As I am planning to give birth in the carpeted living room this time, I needed a different plan for clean up. Throwing money-saving caution to the wind, I've gotten all the required accessories and all he has to do is use the pump to get the water out, throw away the non-toxic plastic liner, and deflate the pool. Even Dave can't screw that up. I hope. And so does my carpet.

Ah yes, and the carpet. Ugh. It's gross in here. Our dining room table used to be in the exact spot in my living room where I am now sitting. Because of that bad choice, the white carpet is now stained several shades of dingy, especially the path between kitchen and front door. To remedy that problem, I hired a man to come and clean it for us in a couple of weeks! I'm very excited to have what he calls "optical brighteners" applied. Yep, I know, not exactly green thinking. But you should see the carpet. I'd happily tear it out if I was allowed and put down hard wood but alas, we're renting.

And as last news, you'll all have to wait a couple more days for a new belly photo. My camera is officially kaput (along with my washer! boo-hoo!) so I have some shopping to do tomorrow. ;-)

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yay! Happy 36 weeks!

Unknown said...

Fantastic! I'm so happy you made it to term. :)

Bridge said...

yay! cheers mama.

heather@it'stwinsanity said...

Congrats on the big milestone!!!!

Chelle said...

YAY!! I'm so excited for ya! Congrats on making it to 36 weeks! You ROCK!

Judit said...

That is really awesome! Excellent job. You'll be so proud of yourself and such a happy mama :)