Thursday, May 8, 2008

Back To Basics and SPD

It's time for me to get back to the basics of a twin pregnancy. Plenty of water and good nutrition and lots of rest. I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow and I'll be honest, I'm dragging. Mentally and physically I've been better. I've forgotten what it feels like to be normal. Every day I wake up in the morning and hope that "today is the day" even though I know that I've got 3 weeks left and it could be even more. I'm grouchy, sore, and sick of being a gestating capsule for two babies. I no longer care how they come out, as long as they come out soon (and vaginally....and at home)!

Yesterday I had another adjustment and the separation at the front of my pelvis is even worse. It was excruciatingly painful to have it put back in place. The good news is there were Baby Earthquakes when I got home. I'm not hedging any bets on if Claire is head down since I was wrong last week. I missed my adjustment last Friday so I'll be sure to get there in the morning. There is a better chance of success if several are done in a row. I am certainly walking better and more comfortable than I was on Tuesday. So even if she never flips back, it's worth the drive and extra money just to be able to get around without wanting to scream in pain with every step. It's only really bad when I make a move that puts pressure on that part of my anatomy. Things like getting myself off the couch, rolling over in bed, swinging my legs to get up from laying down, or lifting my legs higher than a couple inches off the ground.

I have new stretch marks!!! I never for a second doubted it might happen but it's still a bit shocking all the same. I got a whole tummy full when I was pregnant with Gabe and I've not gotten a new one since. Now I have new ones, in very interesting places. Most of them are dead smack in the middle of my stomach, around my belly button.

I am finally, finally ready to have these babies. I got the last of the birth supplies I needed this morning at Walmart. The only thing left that I'd like to have is a tummy support deal for afterward, but if it doesn't happen it's not the end of the world. Everything else is purchased and awaiting tiny babies.

Oh yes, and thanks to babies moving around, I can pee again! :D

2 comments:

Chelle said...

YAY for Chiro adjustments!! I'm sorry you have been in so much pain...it'll be over very soon! You are a strong mama and are going to be an awesome mama to these precious babies! hang in there!! *HUGS*

Anonymous said...

Big Hugs to you as you wait out these last few hours, days or weeks (*ducks and runs*)... I will be thinking of you while you are at the chiro today, sending you endurance vibes for the torture!!

Love,
Delilah