Friday, May 9, 2008

YAY for head down babies!!!!!


37 weeks with TWO VERTEX BABIES! WOOT!!!!

I am super excited, if you can't tell. I went into labor yesterday! I noticed contractions starting around two. A friend stopped by and they were annoying but nothing I couldn't talk through. Then I had another friend come by around 3 and they were becoming noticeable; but again nothing that was making me pause in conversation I just didn't want the kids climbing on my belly. She left at 5, and then things really started to pick up. By 6 I was really wanting a shower. The hot water was wonderful but made my stupid legs and feet swell. Izzy wanted in with me and her mere presence was bugging me so I thought I'd better get out, call Dave home, and time some contractions. They were 12 minutes apart and about a minute and a half long. By 7 they had moved to 6 minutes apart and a minute long. They were bouncing from 6 to 9 to 7 minutes. I decided to call Cori to come and check on me around 8-ish (not sure the time because I was in iPod-land working through the contractions and munching fruit between). She came about 30 minutes later and decided we weren't making any cervical change and no presenting part-head OR butt- was in my pelvis. Instead, we discovered two transverse babies! They were moving! And my body was helping them along (or protesting loudly, however you'd like to look at that).

Today at my adjustment, they were both head down again. Someone's little noggin was nuzzled down just above my pelvic bone. Which she adjusted again. YOWCH! Now, they just need to stay there, drop, and COME OUT!!!!! :D

I got the rest of my birth supplies, we got paid, and everything is ready. Just need them to decide to make the move. I've been telling them that I want them to be ready, but if they are ready so are we. Hopefully this week or next!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if anyone could have done it, we knew it could be you. EEEEE!!! I'm so happy for you guys. Now, here's to a smooth delivery. Can't wait for the pics. Now I want to visit, LOL. :)

Jen said...

Yea!! Sounds like babies soon!!!

Lindsay said...

Yay!!!

heather@it'stwinsanity said...

Awesome news!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. The two I'm carrying keep flipping around and I'm hoping they'll settle head down also, although at 36w1d I don't know how likely that is.
susanb573

Judit said...

Excellent job!!!
Lots of good vibes to you.