Cori came today to check on us. Yes, she checks on us a lot at first. We saw her at two days, then today at a week, again next week at two weeks, then at 4 weeks, again at 6 weeks, and then I'll probably have a pap smear at 12 weeks. Whew!
Anyway, the news is all good! Claire is back up to 6 pounds 4 ounces and Ben back to 7 pounds 4 ounces. Silly babies! They both lost the exact same amount and gained it back at the exact same rate. The jaundice is beginning to recede for both babies, and they seem to be eating, pooping, peeing, and sleeping well. All around healthy babies!
I am back down to 196 pounds, so only 16 left to lose to get back to pre-pregnancy weight. Uterus is nice and firm and below my navel and my postpartum bleeding has stopped. My moods are....unstable but not bad. I am definitely feeling some blahs but no blues just yet. Tomorrow is my first day alone while Dave heads back to work. Mom won't be here until Wednesday of next week, so I have several days I need to get through with the kids. I'm nervous. Mostly about Isabella. She's not having an easy time adjusting and she's very needy. Thankfully, the babies are nursing close to each other and then sleeping long stretches during the day right now. I'm not getting very much sleep at night but at least I'll have some hands free time during the day for Iz.
We're all getting along alright, and while I refuse to use the "E" word, it doesn't appear that either baby is going to be an Isabella High Needs repeat. Thank God. I think, just maybe, and I might eat my words, that I can handle this.
2 comments:
uh-oh, home alone... have courage! perhaps not every day will be E***y (LOL)... But good job so far, 'silly babies'! (So adorable.) hey, as for post-pregnancy weight loss, you're about 25 pounds and 13 months ahead of me in that game already! Woo-hoo!!!
P.s. I loved the pictures. I also loved seeing you in them, too. Nice to put a face to those belly shots I've been following all these months ;-)
I wish we could have stayed longer to help mama! Hang in there and tele help is just a phone call away:)
Post a Comment