Today is 36 weeks and 3 days. Sigh. So much time yet before me.....
I saw Cori today, as well as all the other midwives that will be helping at the birth. It was.....overwhelming. There are going to be a LOT of people here. I'm not sure how much I want to talk about that right now. I'm feeling vulnerable and overwhelmed and anxious. I talked to Cori on the phone after the meeting and she made me feel much better though. I just need to take some deep breaths, relax, and trust my children and my body.
Both babies are still breech. Claire is still presenting, but her little booty is not engaged. I think she'll flip, and I think when she does I will have them within days. Cori checked my cervix and it's still incredibly posterior which is why I can't find it. That just means it's pointing towards my back rather than midline like it is when the baby comes out. It's also 3cm dilated and soft and squishy. Which really means nothing and Cori was just trying to feel for baby butt. The cervix being so high and posterior didn't help much and we just decided she's obviously not right down on top of it.
My personal feeling is that Ben is not ready to be born. Knowing this, as twins probably communicate in the womb, she's not going to flip and put pressure on my cervix until he's ready. Cori and my chiropractor have both commented that when she does put her head down that pressure is going to cause birth to follow shortly thereafter. I'm already three and very soft and I am having some KILLER contractions this week. I honestly think the only thing keeping the birth from happening is Claire being breech. If he's not ready she's protecting him by staying upside down. I'm having Webster again this week on Wednesday and Friday, so we'll see what happens. I'm almost afraid to meddle too much.
The only other real news of note was that my hemoglobin is now down to a 9.5 so I need to take more iron. All the other stats were normal and looking good. My BP crept up just a smidgen, but that's normal and expected this late in the game. I also have just a tad more swelling than I have had. Again, I'm 36.5 weeks with twins so it's expected and not concerning. I gained 2 pounds and 1.5cm on my belly for a grand total of 47.5cm and 39 pounds gained. I'm really proud of taking such good care of myself and my babies. I've grown them past full term and to good weights. I'm just hoping their little lungs are well developed, too.
3 comments:
Hi Chantel, I've been reading your blog for a while now. Thanks so much for being so fun and descriptive. You've really helped me understand the adventure of pregnancy and birth and have given me the hope that one day I will also have such an awesome experience, and hopefully the energy to blog my own pregnancy adventures. Keep up the great blog! =) Sirena
Aaaw, I'll say it again... I'm proud of you too! Your trust of your children and your body is very inspiring (even though the size of your birth team and the complexity of their job is understandably unsettling!) You are beautifully present and focused in the here and now. It's all so amazing, thanks again for sharing!
Mama, I am so proud of you! You are taking such good care of your body and those babies, they are going to be perfect when they decide to make their grand entrance! I think you are right about Claire protecting Ben, that sounds right! They will know when it's time!
I had a feeling that you'd feel overwhelmed when meeting all of the people who will be there! I hope and pray that they listen to you as you listen to your body, I will keep you in my prayers about the overwhelmingness! You ROCK!!
Post a Comment