AHHHHH!!!!! This happened right before I had Noah and it's insanely uncomfortable. If you've ever been cathed it feels something like that. The urge to go is there, and the pressure in your abdomen, but when you sit down nothing (or a little dribble) comes out. Part of me thinks maybe this means I'm about to go into labor. I'm having some deja vu from Noah's birth. I woke up the morning before unable to pee. Had a prenatal where I basically flipped out because I mean I was completely unable to pee and I already had a UTI. The pain was crazy. I also had no contractions that day after contracting for days on end for 2 weeks. That night I went to bed in early labor. I woke at 5am in active labor and he was born at 8:36 that morning. And OH did I pee after he came out! LOL!
The other part of me knows it's probably just coincidence and the weight of the babies sitting on my bladder. It sure does suck though. And I hope it doesn't last for 3 weeks or I will get a UTI. I'm just thankful I haven't been contracting much today. I took the kids to the mall earlier to meet some friends and Izzy left the play area and bolted for the escalator. My instinct was to run so I did. Ouch! I think I might have pulled something in my groin so I've been sitting around with a hot pack under my belly. Cori wants me to put some ice on the kids heads too to encourage them to move but I don't have any frozen veggies! I'm off to the store in a bit to grab the last few things I need for the birth and some ice cold peas. ;-)
4 comments:
I'm sorry you can't pee. ((((bladder ))))
Oh poor you. Have you tried alternative, forward leaning positions like hands and knees to take uterine pressure off your urethra? (I realize this sounds weird but I'd bet you don't enjoy being catheterized either!) I did this during labor over a bunch of towels or chux or whatever they were and aaah it was all better!
I peed for you and everyone else today! I had to have a sono. Boo!
Have you tried to blow on your thumb? I have no idea why this works sometimes, but it's a trick I use in the hospital to help the NCB mamas tinkle...maybe it just takes the thoughts to how silly one looks trying it. Who knows!!
Post a Comment