Thursday, May 15, 2008

Butt Bugs

Ah, the joys of twin pregnancy. Hemorrhoids have arrived! The last time I had the lovely critters was the last time I weighed 225 pounds. That was 5 years ago between Gabe and Hannah's pregnancies. I haven't been that heavy since (although I've been darn close) and I haven't had them this bad since then either. Now I remember why I worked so hard to lose those 45 pounds. I forgot how uncomfortable I am at this weight. I'm only 5 foot 4 with a medium bone structure. It's hard for me to carry this much and I get all sorts of fun 'complications' of being 100 pounds over my "ideal" weight. Hemorrhoids are one of them. Add in 15+ pounds of baby sitting on top of that most delicate part of my body and the daily poop factory that I have become (love end-pregnancy hormones) and you have the fun I'm dealing with today. I just sent Dave out to get witch hazel. Poor guy has called twice trying to find it and is wandering around CVS aimlessly. I think he'd rather not ask directions! ;-)

I had bizarre dreams all night last night that I was having triplets. I mean, EVERY dream I was having triplets. I promise, there are only two babies in there. I think the chances of missing an extra baby after 4 ultrasounds is pretty darn slim. I usually get vivid dreams in the days before birth though.

I think we made some progress with positions yesterday at my chiro appointment. She said my body "told" her (muscle memory or some such thing) that I should have my babies in the next 3 days. I was fascinated to hear her talk and I'm dying to see if she's right. She said she usually is. She also seems to think there will be an hours long stretch between the first and second baby. We'll see!

6 comments:

Judit said...

that april fool's joke is catching up with ya huh?! ;0)
sorry for the hemmies. never a boring moment...

Jonna said...

Did I tell you about my friend/co-worker who had a 12 hr stretch between her twins deliveries? And it was at Baylor!! Amazing feat that they let her last that long!!

Sorry about the 'rhoids...I know a few people who have had to have hemorrhoidectomies (sp?) while preg. Ouch!!

Laura said...

Well you know what they say "everything is bigger in Texas"


I assume that goes for hemorrhoids as well. Hang in there baby!

Erin said...

When Liam was born, i got 'rhoids and they bothered me more than my tear! I got a homeopathic cream by Hyland's and it worked so well, i swear by it.

Hang in there!

Krysta said...

oh, girl. those are NO fun! although calling them "butt bugs" has to make them slightly more fun, no?

You are SO close! You rock my socks, mama.

Anonymous said...

I admit, I giggled at butt bugs. Just reading that makes me itch. Hope you found something to give you some relief.