Sunday, April 6, 2008

Baby Shower!

My friend Mel and Shannon are throwing me a baby shower/mother blessing in two weeks. I'm so excited! It's a non-child event just about celebrating me and my babies. This is my last pregnancy, my last two children, the last time I get to ride on this ride. I know I haven't posted about that much, but it's really been coming to me with bittersweet clarity lately. I'm looking forward to spending an afternoon with my friends, just 'being' in the moment of late pregnancy. I'm going to get off on the other side of the roller coaster and walk away with a happy smile on my face and never look back. I know that my family is perfectly filled now. All the little niggling thoughts about "maybe" are gone. I've always said this in my third trimester of pregnancy, but this time it doesn't come from a place of being miserable and tired and fed up with a baby in my body. It comes from a place of calm, and quiet, and surety. I'm never going to give birth to a new life again. I am complete. I am so looking forward to this event as the shutting of a door, and an opening of a new one. I'm very excited about my future. I have lots of fun things planned. Many journeys to make, new paths to walk, and things to do that compliment my life as the primary care giver to our family.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Beautiful. :) ((((((( ))))))

Chelle said...

I'm so excited that you've made friends there that can give you a shower to remember! You SO deserve it! *HUGS*

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you. I've been following your story on DAM and wish the best for your in your delievery. I have my own "Claire" and I know yours will bring you as much joy and happiness as mine has.

Susan