Monday, April 21, 2008

Ben Is A Stinker

What a fun prenatal we had today! Benjamin was not given to being cooperative today, and it took a good 30 minutes to 'find' him. Which is funny, because he's RIGHT there on top of poor Claire, but Cori couldn't find a head or a butt. I joked that perhaps he'd just mysteriously disappeared. She finally found him using the fetoscope. She said it's because she can't "cheat" and has to be right over the top of his back to pick him up. That clued her in to where his head was. He was all funny laying. Claire is head down, like a millimeter from being completely engaged, and not going anywhere from how it feels. Ben still has plenty of room to "play" and since she left he's changed position a good 3 times.

Anyway, the other news:

  • BP was really, really excellent considering how much baby I have in there!
  • Urine was mostly clean, which surprised me because I didn't have much to drink before she dipped it. I had some leukocytes, which she said could be my allergies, or a sort throat Gabe has that I'm fighting off, or just that I hadn't had enough water yet.
  • Swelling is fine, and while the numbness is driving me crazy, that's also fine.
  • Both babies have good heartbeats.
  • My fundus was 44cm and I gained another pound.
  • I have my last ultrasound next week after my prenatal to check growth and position.
  • We decided not to see the perinatologist since everything looks perfect with both myself and the babies.
  • I will be meeting the other two midwives in a few weeks.
  • I decided against a cervical check, and probably will just hang in there until I go into labor. I don't need to know.
That's it! See you all on Friday! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hurray! I just can't believe how fast it has gone... though I'm sure it's been sooo slow at times! All great news. Looks like the shower was fun - can't wait to hear what the big gift is! Wish I could be there to share in your fun :)