Yep, that's me, the girl with the perfect pee! :-P
I gained THREE pounds this week, but no fundal height. YAY for weight gain! They are for sure growing though, no doubt about it. And Claire is indeed engaged. It was funny because Cori found a head way up and floating and was like "oh! this is good! she's WAY up high......OH, wait....that's Ben!" ROFL! Claire is actually pretty well into my pelvis now, but not so much that Cori was worried. The pressure is because BOTH babies are right smack in the area. No wonder I feel like I'm walking bow-legged. I decided not to have her check my cervix. After that bout with contractions I think the number would probably just freak me out even though my rational midwife's mind knows it means nothing about when they are coming out. I don't really have to worry about cord prolapse with heads well down, so why worry myself? I'll probably have her check once at 36 weeks to see where I'm at. I personally can no longer get around the belly to even TRY and get to my cervix!
Other than that, my pee was perfect, my BP is back up (and I'm feeling MUCH better because of it), and I am still looking like a perfect, gestating goddess. At 33.5 weeks my complaints of discomfort are many...but that's all it is really. Discomfort. Being on bed rest sucks in many ways, but it's also nice to give myself permission to just lay like a vegetable and rest and grow my babies. The AMAZING women at DAM have made a calendar and I have someone here almost non-stop for the next 2.5 weeks. They are bringing dinners and lunches, picking up my laundry and children, offering to run errands and best of all, allowing me to NAP! My swelling is MUCH better since I've been off my feet so much. It's simply divine and I am SO grateful.
Dave got a lot of my 'nesting' done yesterday, which is a weight off. We've still got a lot to do but the rooms are all switched around, my new laundry room is at least there but not organized, the co-sleeper is set up, and the laundry is getting caught up and stashed away. Next up we have getting the garage cleaned up and the living room carpet professionally cleaned. The landscaping needs to get finished and then I think the big 'stuff' I can't do will all be done. Then, we wait!
And wait and wait and wait. Cori and I both still 'feel' they are coming at 38 weeks. It's weird because we've both had similar dreams. Actually, Delilah had a very similar dream this past week as well. But what's really scary? I almost certainly won't be pregnant in 6 weeks!!!!
4 comments:
I'm glad to hear your appointment went well. I know bed rest sucks (to some extent), but it sounds like you have an amazing support system with the DAM. What a wonderful, blessed find! You are such a strong woman--I am constantly in awe and amazement of your posts and how you are handling things.
Oooh, tell us (well, me.) more about DAM! What does it stand for? The M is for 'mom' or what? Sorry if you mentioned it before on your blog and I didn't catch it. Whoever they are, they are angels.
DAM is an acronym that stands for Dallas Area Moms. It's a huge forum for women in the Dallas area, and we're a pretty tight knit group. Even so, I never expected them to do THIS! Really, just an amazing group of women who seem completely committed to getting my twins to term. They ROCK!
I am so jealous! You're almost done!!!!!
Post a Comment