Friday, April 11, 2008

3. 2. 1. Term



I added a nakey belly just for Heather and her Belly Man Stalker! ;-) She could use a smile and a laugh this week.

Dave and I met with our doula Delilah last night. Dave had not met her and we wanted to get more in-depth on the plan(s). It really hit home after she left that we're getting down to the wire. I'm actually going to give birth to twins! SOON! We talked about how to handle pre-term labor, how to handle a hospital transfer, and how to handle the extraneous midwives that are going to be running around here at the birth. FOUR of them besides Cori. I need them out of my space as much as possible. I love, adore, and trust Cori and do not mind her being in my labor space in the least. But the rest of them can just have a labor party and leave me alone unless needed until it's time to push some babies out. :P

I'm feeling as well as I can be expected. I won't bore you all with the moaning and groaning over what it feels like to have two baby heads in your pelvis. Those who haven't done it can't understand and those who have need no explanation. It hurts.

But physically I'm doing well and that's all I can ask for. I knew it wouldn't be easy, but I'm surprised it's no harder than it is, actually. Ask me again in 3 weeks. Poor Jonna is about to pop her own bag just to get them out and she's only 36 weeks! This should be interesting......

Delilah didn't get a 'done' vibe from me and neither does Cori I don't think. I'm having a hard time reading myself. I don't really feel like they are coming soon, but mentally it's a daily fight against the 'done' feeling. I think we're going to make it to 36 weeks for sure. I still 'sense' that they will come around 38-ish weeks. Guess we'll see!

3 comments:

Judit said...

Beautiful belly. You seem to be in such excellent shape! (Despite how you say you feel at times, LOL). So you don't even know me--anyway, I am getting quite excited for you. It's been such an honor to follow your journey as you've been working through your challenges and doubts with so much courage and love. All the best for the home st-r-r-r-e-t-ch!

Jonna said...

only 36 weeks! Ha!!! :)

heather@it'stwinsanity said...

You look so awesome! Your belly is beautiful!