I could be completely jinxing myself by putting this down on "paper", but I think the babies are not going to go to 40 weeks. This is the first time I've even thought that they might not torture me for the full term of pregnancy! And yet, here I am, up at 5am with very mild contractions and the urge to go potty every 20 minutes or so. Pretty good pre-labor signs. I've got one week left to make it to "home birth safe base" and then they can come out. Happily. With my blessing. Sleep is a freaking joke so even if I'm not sleeping but 30 minutes between nursings at least it will be SLEEP and not dozing. I'm exhausted and I HURT.
I bought SUPPLIES yesterday. Postpartum pads and newborn diapers and a few other things I needed. Cori ordered my birth kit and it's on the way. I emailed my friend who's making my labor CD. I'm going to bug Laura about my nursing pillow. I have some hand me down things coming I need to poke people about. I still have to buy some baby gowns and a few newborn onsies for Claire and a couple receiving blankets, and a monitor.
And then I'm actually all ready for this birth! EEK! My birth pool arrived from WonderDoula yesterday. I think we need to buy a new air pump for it, but I'm not positive about that. The one we have we bought for Noah's birth. :D
I'm calling it now. Less than 3 weeks before they appear and I can breathe, eat, stretch, sleep, and bend over at the waist again. If you want to get something to me before they are born, better plan to do it now! ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment