Holy cow! If I didn't already know there were two babies, I would suspect today. My belly shot out and I look to be a good 30 weeks pregnant at not quite 21. I hear from the Twins board that it's going to get exponentially bigger as the twins hit their 22-25 week growth spurt (they should double their weight). Perhaps we started early! I showed Dave some photos online of women pregnant with multiples and he was really surprised at how big the belly gets. I think he knew but didn't really have a visual! I'm going to start taking a photo every 2 weeks so you all can keep up! ;)
Today I am feeling a little better. Yesterday I went from shock right to worry. I typed up all those fears and sent them to my doula. As soon as I hit "send" I began to feel better. It was good to just get them off my chest.
Cori and I are going to meet next week and go over a few things. I need to, obviously, be eating the maximum calorie dense food with the highest amount of protein without filling myself up until I'm uncomfortable. I read today on the twin board (WONDERFUL resource!) that snacking on almonds while driving is a good way to shove in some extra protein and iron. I was thinking while I'm sitting on the computer, too! ;) I also have some questions to ask her, so I'm keeping a journal. I passed a large bit of mucous today. Completely normal for me at about 30 weeks gestation (where my body technically is with the amount of baby in there) but still it makes me nervous! It will be good to sit down and talk about what is and is not normal. I am wondering how darn big I can get!
So that's where we are today! I will be taking another belly shot a week from tomorrow! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment