The tax return comes Friday, and I get to do some fun spending, guilt free. Babies number five and six don't get baby showers (especially when you live in a new town with friends who are also very new!) and so it's on us to replace every single thing we sold or gave away. I do have some lovely newborn baby girl clothes and the extra bouncer I needed thanks to my new friend Lyndsey. And I am going on Wednesday to pick through a bunch of boy stuff left over from a clothing swap. Oh, and my friend Mel is handing over a bunch of newborn cloth dipes. But I need so much, and it's coming down to the wire since I have to consider myself "due" at 36 weeks! Just 96 more days! So we're going to go ahead and nail down the big stuff we need this weekend. Co-sleeper, car seats, playpen with the nifty (and handy!) bassinet/changer top, double nursing pillow, and possibly a double stroller (Shannon has one we can borrow but I'm thinking it might be a good idea to just out and out buy one...not sure that she wants me to borrow it for 3 years!)
Someone today told me that I looked too small to be carrying twins! I wasn't sure if I should grin at her or smack her or laugh at her! Is she nutty? Or just hasn't been around many 22 weeks pregnant women? I'm usually barely showing at this point. Today I felt like I was a whale, and waddling to boot. I have noticed some slowing in growth the past two days. Just taking a break before the big push to 2 pounds by 28 weeks.
Cori was sick this past week (after being at a birth for 2 days!) and so we are going to meet with her sometime this coming week to get more in-depth on how to take care of myself. I can say that eating is getting more and more difficult. I have to choke down a regular portion of protein and then have no room left for anything else. I just keep reminding myself that it's NORMAL for me to not want to eat much while pregnant and while I want to make every bite count I cannot make myself feel guilty. I'm not going to do this perfectly, though I sure would like to try.
No comments:
Post a Comment