At least, I'm hoping these work!
Secret Belly Jeans
I went into Motherhood today to check them out. The waist band is SUPER stretchy, so I think if I size up (or maybe two at the end) they will work. Wanna see a "typical" term twin belly? Here you go:
Twin Belly Gallery
Of course, it varies by body type. I thought this one here looked a bit like my stature/weight.
36 weeks
So as you can see, I'm going to need some STRETCHY pants! LOL!
As for shirts, I am so glad that MIL bought me a couple for Christmas that go to mid-thigh. I wish now I'd gotten a size up, but as they are only $10 I can go back and get several more. I'm also going to go ahead and get that Bella Band I decided against earlier (because I moved into maternity pants so fast...hindsight you know...) to help keep the bottom of my belly covered. It's all squishy fat down there.
Other than wardrobe concerns, I'm doing well! NOT hitting 175 grams of protein yet, but I'm still learning how to get it all in. Yesterday I did better at 120. Today I'm not doing so well because I opted for a cheeseburger for lunch (craving) and it's filled me up. I'm going to have to shove down something here soon. I'm doing GREAT on getting all my water though. I have to flavor it to stomach that much but so far I'm getting at least 14 cups a day.
My mental state has relaxed some, and I now think of my belly as "babies". I babysat Cori's boy last night, and so she dropped off a book on twins. I've been browsing it and it's very interesting. Apparently OBs don't "allow" twin moms to go past 38 weeks. I just don't get that! As long as everyone is doing well, why wouldn't you? We all know babies do better when left as long as possible. So potentially a mom could be in hospital for 6 weeks on bed rest and tocolytic drugs and then be sectioned a week later for going too long. Good grief. Glad I have midwives. And praying that Claire and Ben don't give us any reason to worry!
No comments:
Post a Comment