Tuesday, February 12, 2008

MASSAGE!!!!!!!!!

I had a prenatal with Cori today. The news is good! I've gained 5 pounds and 3cm in fundal growth in 12 days. Both babies sounded good and my BP is still excellent (considering how much blood is in there and how hard my heart has to pump to get it all around that really a good thing). I am a little anemic so it's time to start taking that Floradix I bought a couple weeks ago. I've been suspicious that's why I've been feeling so crampy and crappy and Cori confirmed it likely is. My muscles just aren't getting enough oxygen with the extra demand another baby places on my body. It goes to babies first, then my vital organs, then everything else. That's why I feel so restless and anxious and icky.

The best news!?!? NO UTI STILL! I can't tell you what a relief that is. When we found out it was two babies, one of my biggest fears was that chronic and uncontrolled UTI's were going to force me into having them early. Apparently, it was the BV causing them and now that I've rid my body of the bad bacteria, so far it's taken care of itself. And it's not that peeing is any easier these days, in fact, it's much harder than with one baby. I can't tell you about the mental happy dance when my dip was clean! :)

And for my grand finale, I've been given the go-ahead to get a prenatal massage tomorrow. Oh, heaven. Especially with two days of Floradix in my system, I'm hoping sleep tomorrow night is going to be simply divine! I'm also signing up for prenatal yoga classes and as soon as I get my insurance card I'm calling the chiropractor! This Mama is going to take care of herself. I don't care HOW much it costs! Not sleeping for weeks on end a bad person makes.

No comments: