Monday, February 25, 2008

26 Week Prenatal

The babies look excellent. Both heartbeats at their normal range, Claire is for sure head down (she can't really feel Ben too well because of his position), and I measured 36cm and gained 3 pounds.

I'm not looking as great. I had ketones and leukocytes in my urine. :-( This means that I haven't been eating well enough (which I knew but was sort of in denial about) and that I've probably got BV or a UTI again. I've also had a big increase in contractions this week so I'm going to treat the BV again and take D-Mannose in case it's a UTI. I needed a good mental kick in the butt because I've been feeling depressed and so I've not been as 'on top of it' as I need to be. Yesterday was very refreshing though! It's amazing how spending an hour taking care of my body made me feel so much better. I plucked and exfoliated and cleansed and did all those things that make me feel girly.
I'm in this for the long haul. I've got to pick my self up by the proverbial boot straps and get it together again. No more feeling sorry for myself! This isn't easy, but it's not the end of the world either. I can't go having these babies prematurely because I'm too lazy and bummed out to take the very best care of myself. :)

1 comment:

heather@it'stwinsanity said...

Chantel,

I found that keeping a food calendar was very motivating for me. I kept track of what I ate each day, how many grams of protein I had, and how many gallons of water. It helped me make a goal each day and reach it. It's tough! And I hate to say it, but it is going to get worse before it gets better. Hang in there though!