Friday, February 29, 2008

27 weeks!!!!!!

What a BEAUTIFUL day to celebrate 27 weeks! The kids and I headed to meet some friends from DAM at the zoo. They are all a little on the 'crunchier' side so we talked a little about birth and I didn't feel like such a freak. I also joked that they all probably think my talk about gentle discipline is now such crap because I spent much of the afternoon yelling at Noah who was running hell for leather a mile ahead of me! :P I can't chase him much these days..... Oh 3 year olds are so much fun except when Mama is huge and pregnant.

It was just a delightful spring day! Sunny and warm, and all the animals were out. The company was fantastic and my older two were SO well behaved. And Izzy didn't act like a fool even though she didn't nap. Some sort of divine intervention on that one.

I got the rest of my prenatal session photos back, but they are a bit, er, naked, so I'm not posting them for the world on here. When I get the CD from the session I'll post a few of my faves. I just adore them. TOTALLY worth the money! I'm only ever going to look like this one time. And this time in my life will not and can not ever be repeated. I want to savor it and remember every single second.

Today my doula came over and gave me a foot and hand massage.....ahhhhhhhh!!!! She's just the most awesome doula ever. We had a nice little visit and she did some of my laundry. I did nothing for the hour and a half she was here but chat, get my feet rubbed, and sit on my hiney doing nothing. It was so relaxing! Oh, and I scheduled a massage with my chiro for Wednesday.

In other news, the maternity clothes I have that weren't specifically picked for a twin belly are about done. I'm down to one pair of jeans (the famous secret panel from Motherhood) that fit well. And they are still truckin with plenty of room to spare! I knew that was a good choice. I bought a couple of long shirts at Target yesterday. They have plenty of room at the bottom. But the shirts I was given or had from before I knew it was twins are all getting packed away for those first weeks of milkiness.

I am so blessed to have carried these little people into the land of viability! Only 9 weeks left until we hit the Big Exhale. I'd sure like to keep them in 11 more, though. Only time can tell, but I'm feeling GREAT!

2 comments:

Chelle said...

Hey Mama! I'm so glad to read this blog! It's almost like you are refreshed!! That is awesome! I can only imagine the awesomeness but at the same time the tiredness! YOU ROCK! Don't argue, you really do! Anyway, I'm glad that your Doula is treating you well and I'm glad you like your Maternity photos, they do ROCK!! Love and Miss ya! Keep positive girl!! You can take em to 11 more weeks! You go girl!! *HUGS* & Belly Rubs!

Jen said...

I am so happy you are feeling better and are in renewed with vigor. Keep it up you are great!!