Saturday, October 25, 2008

Crawling Crawling Crawling

And now it's not just Ben...... ;-)

Benjamin is still a busy little butt. True to my prediction he's "true" crawling this week. I rarely see him scoot his little legs anymore (only when he's tired) but he's doing a real hands and knees thing lately. Usually while he's screeching and gurgling and just excited to be alive. Seriously, the child is a delight night and day. I get such joy from his little wormy self. Next week he'll be 'fast crawling' and I'd better get gates ASAP because yesterday I found him in the laundry room! EEK!

And Claire finally decided that it was time to follow along behind him! Twice yesterday I came into the playroom to find her not where I left her. Now, when you live in a house with 4 older siblings this isn't always because you moved yourself so I didn't think much of it at the time. Then I saw her do it with my own eyes. She's army crawling but she's for sure moving of her own volition. Say a prayer for me, will ya?

In addition, Claire is apparently growing. Massively. Night before last she woke every 45 minutes and was desperately hungry all day yesterday. Last night was better but she still woke 4 times. This baby has been sleeping through the night since she was about 4 weeks old and often crashes out for 12-14 hours. It's an understatement to say this is unusual. Besides being exhausted, hungry, and dying of thirst 24/7 I'm riding it out. I might take something to boost my supply if she doesn't get done in a day or so. Poor worm gets the shaft when she takes all the milk! lol

5 comments:

heather@it'stwinsanity said...

ACK!!!! 6 mobile little ones? That is just too much! How are you finding time to get anything done?

Melanie said...

Go Claire, now where are the pictures?

CNH said...

For real Heather! And on top of it, they're going through an evil growth spurt. You should see my house. It's horrid.

Melanie, I'm WORKING on it girl! LOL! See aforementioned growth spurt! ;)

Ellie said...

Wow, amazing! And exhausting! I hope Claire starts sleeping for you again. I seriously can't imagine my boys sleeping all night, but I wouldn't wish exhaustion on anyone.

Out of curiosity, how old were your other kids when they crawled?

And as for your post a few posts back: I'm here in Charleston, SC, checking your blog via the multiples forum at MDC. :)

CNH said...

Let's see...

I think pretty much all of the other ones it was around 7 months. Gabe was slightly earlier at around 6 months I wanna say. Certainly NONE of them as early as 4 months! Gabe walked at 10 months, Hannah at 13, Noah at 12 on the nose, and Isabella right before her first birthday.