Saturday, October 4, 2008

What Does a House with Twins Look Like?

I took these tonight to share on a twin forum and thought those of you who don't live near me might enjoy this view of Living With Six Small Children. Who called me Supermom the other day.............????

First up we have laundry. Every. Stinkin. Where. Laundry on the train table, laundry on the floor, laundry in the laundry room, laundry in the washer and dryer. Laundry all over the bedrooms. It seems that the laundry monster came and threw up all over my house and I haven't had it under control since we moved in 2 months ago! Half of this is CLEAN and half is DIRTY!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we have various messes around the living room (and yes, that's more laundry you spy)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now, let's move on to the kitchen!

The formula you spy is just here for back up in case I'm gone extra long to a birth and exceed the food stores in the freezer. ;)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's horrid, isn't it? And scary enough, it was mostly clean this morning! Well, except for the laundry! I actually spent all day cleaning. It's disheartening and funny all at the same time.

14 comments:

Jonna said...

besides mdc, are you on other twin forums? Do I need to join? :)

Anonymous said...

Can you afford to hire a housekeeper? You could probably hire an elderly person that would come and clean and do laundry and maybe even cook. Also, in my area you can find Mexican/Hispanic women that will do this for not a lot of money.

Christine said...

I'm jealous! Yes, I said jealous. My house looks like that except worst, no pink in sight. And socks!!!!! I have socks every where -- how can 4 males have that many socks?

Bridge said...

It's hard, I get so stressed over the mess.
I have half the kids, surely more time and my house looks like this if someone (mainly me) gets sick for a day.
Hang in there mama.

Ms. Kathryn said...

It will get better! You need to cut yourself some slack (and you need a fairy grandmother to show up :)) Just today I had to convince Ashlyn & Ryan--yes, just the two children, to send some toys on vacation (storage for a week) so we could clean their rooms.

Laura said...

You do need a faerie Godmother to come visit! Relax mama, you have 6, S.......I.......X children. It's totally understandable!

CNH said...

You ladies are lovely! I'm not being hard on myself, I promise. Just find it amusing how out of control a house can get in like 3 hours flat.

And no, can't afford a housekeeper. I sure wish I could!

Judit said...

You are so cool for posting these. Really. It would be odd of me to say thanks, but I feel like I should. (Yeah, I am weird.) I wish you lots more of that good sense of humor!

Anonymous said...

It's insane how hours of cleaning can be made into a mess in only a few minutes - I feel your pain! At the end of the day as long as the kids have been fed, are relatively clean and we did something of education value I call it a success :)

Anonymous said...

ahh you make me feel better. hehe. at least I know I'm not alone in the crazy mess called laundry! And I only have one!!

Sarah said...

Oh boy can I relate. My house looks similar and I don't have twins!!! And I only have 5 kids, AND 3 of them are school aged and gone all day!

heather@it'stwinsanity said...

I feel so much better now. I thought I was the only one living at the base of Mount Washmore. Laundry is consuming my life!

tranquility said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for posting these. i love you - and your house looks gorgeous.

xxx

Betseeee said...

We call it Laundry Mountain, and it's primarily contained to our bedroom, but sometimes the tectonic laundry plates shift and it ends up in the livingroom, too. Your pictures make me feel better about the mess I find here all the time. I "only" have the twins, and I still can't keep this place clean. But the kids are happy!