:D
It was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!!!! I was feeling pretty bummed out yesterday. Dave has to work on holidays so everyone I know was out having fun and we were stuck in the house. In the afternoon both babies were crying and needed to be nursed so I got them both on the EZ2 nurse pillow and popped boobie in their mouthes. Claire got done first so I burped her and then laid her on the pillow facing me. This is one of the ways I make sure to get some one on one face time with each of them. She met my eyes and this look of joy and recognition went over her face and then.....
She smiled!!! Her whole face lit up and her dimples flashed (I have this whole obsession with my kids and their dimples) and it was like the sun breaking through the clouds. Oh she's so precious! And since then, she's just smiled at me left and right. I woke this morning to her dark eyes staring at me. When she saw I was awake she started beaming and wiggling.
I love baby smiles!
Now, we're waiting for Benjamin to figure it out...
Oh, and, my friend Brit invited us over and Dave got off work early so we got to go see some fire works! :)
7 comments:
Isn't that a wonderful moment? I was so excited when Zari suddenly grinned at me when she was 2 months old (and, of course, the day after all of my family left!)
YAY!!! It's the most intoxicating, amazing thing. Best, best, best thing in the world! Time just hangs there...like a dream. I'm so happy you got your smile...you got your wish!
lisa
Yeah!! It's the best feeling in the world!!
There's NOTHING more beautiful.
ohhh!!! I can't wait! And you're getting them right and left too! Go Claire! She just likes being first...first out, first done eating, first grin. Ladies first right? Best firework ever!
Isn't it amazing when they know just what you need? Enjoy your baby smiles!
AAWW That's amazing! I'm glad that she smiled at you! And then was excited when she figured you were awake! What a precious time :)Enjoy!
Post a Comment