Tuesday, June 3, 2008

No Coffee For Me!

Or chocolate, or iced tea, or anything else yummy containing massive amounts of caffeine. OK, well, I can have a little bit. I'm not sure exactly how much and I don't want to push it again. The story goes like this: I am addicted to the Shaken Iced Tea Lemonades from Starbucks. Passion fruit tea, thanks so much. Because they are $3.10 plus tax EACH I bought a box of the tea bags for $6 bucks and made my own. Thinking, because it's hibiscus tea, that it was caffeine free. Uh, no. Found that out after drinking a whole pitcher of the stuff the other day. And Ben doesn't do well with Super Caffeinated Milk. In fact, he did a pretty good impersonation of Infant Isabella and screamed off and on until 4am. Two days later, we're back to normal....

Just in time for the 2 week growth spurt!!!! This is where having twins will be difficult. I shake with fear at the thought of the 6 week spurt. Oh, and the 6 month! YIKES! Both babies want to camp on my chest today.

I cannot believe they will be 2 weeks old tonight in the wee hours of tomorrow morning. Where the hell did 14 days go? It's so much better than I could have ever imagined. I simply adore both of them. They are such distinct little people already. I realized this morning while I watch Claire nurse that I love them. It usually takes me a little while. I always think they are cute and sweet and upon birth would throw myself in harm's way for them. But it takes me a little while to LOVE them. And now I do. Just like that. Huh.

My Mom is going to be here tomorrow, and I'm really excited to see her! I won't be blogging much until she's gone, but I'll peek in tomorrow to let you know how much they weigh. :)

3 comments:

Jonna said...

We're suffering the 6 week spurt right now :) Did you know that your babies are exactly 4 weeks younger than mine?

Oh, and yeah that to the caffeine :( I've moved to Caffeine Free Diet Coke, and it's not near as good!

Anonymous said...

Say hi to your Mom for me. Your babies are BEAUTIFUL!

Aunt B...

Krysta said...

I am going on 3 weeks with very limited caffeine!

I love you girl, you are my long lost soul sistah....

I read your blog and nod and laugh and cry...
You are me, just a few weeks behind and with an extra newborn! lmbo!