Wednesday, June 11, 2008

3 Weeks Old!

Hello everyone! Today the twins are three weeks old. I can hardly believe they've been here for almost a month but when I take in to account how awesome I'm feeling it has to have been that long.

The babies both have little colds and are snotty, grouchy messes. It's been a fun 24 hours but I'm lucky that my husband had today off. We've been playing "pass the babies" all day. I nurse and comfort one while he tries to get the other back to sleep (and when that doesn't work we trade off).

My Mom left this morning! We had a wonderful week long visit. I know she's glad to get home and rest. Not exactly a vacation for her! ;-) The kids loved seeing her and Gabe cried when she took off for the airport at 6:30am. Noah woke up this morning and said "where's gramma?" I was so glad that she got to come and see the babies while they're still tiny. She didn't get to meet Isabella until she was 4 months old. It's hard to live away from her. Harder than I ever thought. I'm getting more and more used to it though, as we've been gone for almost 3 years now.

I'm actually going to start on the birth story this weekend, probably on Sunday when Dave is home so I can sit down and write. Delilah is bringing me a copy of her notes when she comes to visit on Friday so I'll have an actual accurate time line from which to draw.

I simply ADORE these two little people. And I like having twins which shocks me to death. It's not "Easy" but it's not as hard as I thought it would be, either. They're pretty laid back, easygoing babies and I'm looking so forward to getting to know them better as they grow. I am still sort of waiting with dread for the colic, screaming, HARDNESS of having two babies to start. Granted, some nights they are up opposite each other all night and that's tiring and I get exhausted and the next afternoon is rough because I wear out around 4 and the calvary doesn't arrive until after 9.....but for the most part this is fun. If I had just one of them, it would be a cakewalk. There is no blur. There is no "let this first year end soon". I am so. incredibly. blessed.

3 comments:

Bridge said...

Love you inspiring one. Let us all know if you need anything!

Judit said...

Your love and contentment are so touching.

earthmama said...

I am in complete awe of you!