Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My Big Fat Babies!

Cori came to check on the babies yesterday (well, and me too, but as I've gained 2 pounds from my horrid eating habits I don't wanna talk about that!) and they're doing well. Both babies gained 13 ounces in the last two weeks. Ben is now 8 pounds 9 ounces. Which is the size at one month at which Gabe and Isabella were born! Claire has almost broken into the 8 pound range at 7 pounds 12 ounces. Ben's up 1.3 pounds from birth and Claire is up 1.6! I think they're getting plenty of milk, eh?

Today we visit our new family doctor. I haven't met him yet but he comes recommended by my midwife. He's father to eight breast fed kids so I'm hopeful he will accept my 'unusual' parenting choices and not run me out on a rail like past doctors! I'll update a little later on that but not expecting anything different from what we learned yesterday. We don't do vaccines so it will just be a meet and greet, weigh in (again), and basic check for overall health.

The Big Move is coming around the corner. We're for sure going to make the leap next month but it's a bit up in the air where we're going to land. Our landlord had a stroke recently and the house we're supposed to move into has some squatters they are trying to get evicted. Hard to do that when you're worried about your wife's health! So we're looking into another option. In any case, we're leaving here so I need to get packing. That ought to be fun! Most days I don't get to eat until well past noon so finding time to lock myself into a room and organize/declutter/pack it should be no problem, right?

2 comments:

Chelle said...

Glad to hear that everyone is growing like they should! Way to give them your milk mama!!
Hopefully you'll get some help from moms that live close! That should be fun packing with 6 kiddos as I remember how much fun it was the last time you moved!! *HUGS*

Randi Fay Payton said...

whew I am so glad I am not moving! My hat is off to you. Glad your babies are getting nice and fat! Ollie is getting little fat rolls on his thighs and arms, it's so cute I just want to kiss him all the time.