Thursday, November 5, 2009

Happy Halloween!

For the third year in a row Dave got off late on Halloween. It's become a talent of his to sell a car on the 31st and come home an hour late. Hey, life happens. I just gotta roll with it. Getting six kids ready for Halloween alone? No prob! I might have not gotten any dinner in them until 9pm but, hey. ;)

This year we did a theme. The kids were all from the cast of Peter Pan. Well, except for Isabella, who REFUSED to wear her costume. Hannah snapped that up right quick and Izzy decided she would wear a "fairy" costume I cobbled together from various dress up clothes. She's VERY picky and if a shirt touches her wrists at all she will refuse to wear it. Which means she's often wearing Claire's clothes and not her own. Sigh. It's not like Hannah didn't also do this at two....

So here we are! Gabe as Captain Hook, Hannah as Tinkerbell, Noah as Pan, Izzy as "Some Random Other Fairy", and the lost twins following in the stroller! They did NOT get any candy this year. Maybe next time...

halloween 09

Wait, what? No Wendy you say? Look again....

The troops

Yes, I got suckered in. ;) I found a dollar night gown at the thrift store and stole one of Hannah's headbands. Poof! Instant Wendy. And bonus, I was toasty warm!

Random beauty from this absolutely gorgeous Fall. I can't remember one since my grandmother died 11 years ago that has been so stunning. It makes me feel happy and melancholy all at the same time.

The boys. They really are good friends!
Together

Silly boys!

My Big Three

Together

Noah wanted to run at the camera. He was laughing so hard in anticipation he could barely move. Heehee

Noah RUN!

I heart this image

More haloed babies

and this one; can't you just hear the choirs of angels singing?

The Angels Sing

I love how they will play together now! Sometimes "playing" together is really Ben beating Claire but hey, we're working on it!

Yes, ma'am, just lift the hood here...

What are these things?

THIS is what you do with them sis!

We have really enjoyed the freedom that home schooling is giving us this Fall. They get to play in the fresh air and beautiful sunshine all day and then we do book work at night. Gabe and Hannah will be going back to Montessori when the new building is open and it will be JUST in time for the dreary cold days of winter! Perfect!

Woot!

Brother and leaves

Golden Glory

Gotta start em young!

Start em young

If this isn't beauty, I don't know what is?

Claire

My happy baby

And this, too

Fall Wormy

I am printing that one out and mounting it and slapping it on the wall big. THAT is the epitome of who Benjer is. Swoon.

And finally, what post would be complete without some calamity? I accidentally left my make up bag within reach of the The Troll and it's Twins and they found my lipstick. I'm not sure if Isabella had a hand in what happened next but the twins were "pretty". ;)

Cheese face

Beauty

Ben Vs The Lipstick

He was quite excited. Yes, folks, that's my one and only tube of lipstick. Mama has ugly lips now. :D

3 comments:

skybluepink02 said...

I LOVE that stroller! I'm looking for a new inline for my twinkies. I'm tired of their side by side. What kind is it?

CNH said...

It's a Graco Duoglider. Friends bought it for me when I was pregnant with the twins and I LOVE it! It's probably not as nice as some of the more expensive stroller out there but it does what I want it to do and it does it well. A year and a half old and it's holding up well. My only complaint is that the snack tray in back was pretty flimsy and they eventually broke it off. Otherwise, well worth the money!

heather@it'stwinsanity said...

We are long lost soul mates. Can you imagine if we'd been trick-or-treating together? The cast of Peter Pan and the cast of the Wizard of Oz? What a sight! I miss you. I wish you lived here. And your photos are so amazing. What lens did you use? You are just so awesome. Move to VA... please?