Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Izzy's Very First Haircut

Isabella will be three in December. She's never had a haircut. I could never bring myself to do it! Her hair started out a BRIGHT copper red but at about a year started changing into a beautiful reddish blond with corkscrew curls. I could just never cut it off, it's so lovely. TOTALLY the hair I would pick for myself if I could. In fact, I've dyed my hair red more times than I can count. I stopped coloring it after Noah was born. Not only is it hard to keep up with because my natural color is just this side of black but it's also expensive and full of chemicals which I'm sure without a bit of research are not good for my body.

The thing about Izzy's hair though is that it's very much like my mother's. Which means it's thin and tends toward the brittle side. It also dreds terribly if we do not wash and condition and de-tangle and brush every single day. Which, let's be honest, just doesn't happen as often as it should.

I made the decision last week that it had to get cut and very soon after decided it would have to be cut by me. She's not my most cooperative child. ;) It took me about a week or so to screw up my courage but I did manage to do the actual cutting without any sobbing. Barely.

I don't really have a good before that shows how long and curly it was, but suffice to say it was to the middle of her back. We called it the lion's mane because it was tawny and curly and always matted. ;) Here it is now:

The new haircut (sobsob)

Sob Sob Sob

1 comment:

Mandie said...

Beautiful kiddos! :)