I was never expecting to get colostrum this early! Never in a million years. But as of yesterday, I do indeed have milk, and Izzy can nurse again without my wanting to fling her to the floor. We're probably only nursing two times or so a day and it does still hurt a little (stinging) but it's nothing like the pain I was going through when there was no milk. I've been feeling this weird pins and needles thing in my nipple and I suppose that was the milk coming back. Oh thank you GOD! I might actually be able to deal with nursing through the rest of this pregnancy. I'm going to just be taking it one day at a time and I'm making no promises that we'll still be at it by the end but I'm giving it my best shot. Poor lamb is only 12 months old and so NOT ready to wean (obviously).
And so much for eating what I want. @@ <~~~~rolling my eyes there Cori found BV in my urine culture. Which means I have unbalanced bacteria in my vagina. That can have all sorts of nasty complications for a pregnant Mama. So in order to balance it I am doing several thing, ONE of which is changing my diet. Poo. No more eating all manner of sweets and chocolate. All salad and fruit and raw veggies for me for the next, oh, probably 3 years if I want to lose and keep off this extra weight. I knew it was coming I just wasn't expecting it to happen right NOW.
No comments:
Post a Comment