I spoke with our midwife and our sono will be right after our next prenatal appointment. That's January 15th. We will not be finding out the sex, this is just an anatomy scan. Husband likes to know that all the organs are working fine. I think it helps to relax his mind about birthing at home. And as it only costs $85 bucks and it's pretty quick I don't mind the extra interference. This is the first time I will have a video of it though! We've had photos in the past 4 pregnancies, but she said if I bring a VHS than she'll tape it! So excited about that!
Other than that, the only big news is that #4 and I have weaned. :-(
I made the choice. She would have happily comfort nursed even without milk, but it's terribly painful for me. I decided that since I was still really on the fence about tandem nursing, she was reluctant but willing to let it go, and we hit my original goal of 12 months (that I set for myself when I found out I was pregnant again) that I could stop nursing with a minimum of guilt. We're still doing it once every 3 days on my left side because I've still got milk over there and it gets uncomfortable after a few days. I might let her continue just once a day on that side and see where that gets us. But for the big part, we're done. It breaks my heart, but I knew it was a strong possibility when I chose to keep this baby.
Just chugging along!
No comments:
Post a Comment