Saturday, November 10, 2007

Nearing the End


Of the first trimester anyway!

Your baby, just over 1.5 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden. She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two-nor will you notice the hiccuping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.


***********************************************************

Nice try, Babycenter, but I am already feeling this little one move on occasion. That's more common in multiple moms because we can remember what it felt like! I notice butterfly type movements...almost electric in nature, every couple days. Especially when laying on my stomach or if someone is sitting on my lap.

The second trimester officially begins at the end of my 13th week, so we have just under 3 weeks left. I am beginning to enjoy things like eating again though, and have the energy to do housework again (which is good because we can't afford our housekeeping this month!) and so it already feels like I am there. What a relief! Well, except that if the second goes as fast as the first, I am going to be staring down the barrel of birth very soon!

No comments: