Driving from Wichita to Dallas at this time of the year is like watching Spring on fast-forward. We left tiny buds and hazy green and landed in a world of full leafy wonder. Sprinkled amoung the green are splashes of pink, purple, and yellow. It was delightful!
We got there JUST in time to walk into services late (they even remember our family a year later-they rock!) and Dave and I were both surprised and excited that ALL SIX kids went into their respective classes and stayed there the entire service. Which meant that we got to sit quietly and listen to Pastor John relate God's message of salvation to us. This is Dave's first Easter as a true believer. I'm not sure how it impacted him as he hasn't shared that with me but I know I was sobbing before it was over with. Good stuff.
Then we went to view a house we'd REALLY like to rent. On 10 acres it's a well thought out house with plenty of storage, large rooms, and a wonderful location. I've been building castles in the sky thinking about the garden I could plant and the chickens we could raise. It's well within our budget but it's available RIGHTNOW and we're a bit shor of the deposit. I'm waiting on a large check. I'm praying that if this is God's will the check will arrive ASAP and the timing will all work correctly.
Next up was a picnic with friends. That got pretty tough at the end. Benjamin hadn't slept enough and was wired for sound. TIRED! And when he gets tired, he gets a little bit crazy. Ok, a lot crazy. We had to pack it in early and head to our hotel. The kids vegged in front of junk TV while we BBQed some burgers and brats.
Dave took care of business for his new job on Monday and I got to spend a nice afternoon chasing children around Joe's Crab Shack with my very best friend Elizabeth. It was SO good to see her! 6 months is too long. We stay in touch via phone and Internet but seeing her in person is like a balm on my heart.
Our last order of business was to meet up with Elizabeth for our yearly family photo swap. Being that we're both professional photographers and have large, untamed families it's just easier on both the budget and the stress level to shoot each other once a year. I could not be MORE pleased with my photos. Ok, maybe if it hadn't been so stinkin windy and my long hair wasn't blowing all around....but other than that! Here they are!



And one up close of me. Elizabeth and I both need head shots for our business stuff. This is the one she did for me and I LOVE it!
1 comment:
Beautiful!!!!!!!!
Your family is lovely and you look wonderful!
Post a Comment