Last week we took a trip to the Faye Family Farm in Udall for some raw milk, fresh eggs, and hand made soap. Funny story about the FFF. I was told about it from my friend Emy, who's mother runs the Farmer's Market here in Wichita (Emy is a twin mommy of 6 month old girls and I love her dearly). Her Mom convinced Heather to come to market this summer and Emy was telling me all about how wonderful her soaps were. She wanted to know if I'd ever heard of Kefir (!!!) and if I'd like to go. Last Thurday was Dave's day off so we made plans to do breakfast and then head out there. Funny thing is, once Dave Googled the farm, he realized he works with Mark! Small world here in Kansas. ;)
Heather was so kind and showed us around. The little four had an absolute blast and my older two are begging me to go. Guess we'll be taking a little field trip next week for Spring Break!
Benjer just LOVED the chickens! Actually, all the kids did. Which is good because Dave is determined to grow them sometime in the next couple of years! We really enjoy farm fresh eggs. Nothing like the store bought variety, they come in beautiful colors and the yolks are bright orange from the chickens eating bugs and grubs.

The cows were beautiful! There is more information on her website about the different breeds. We love raw milk. It's so incredibly good for you, and yes it's safe as long as you know where it's coming from and take care to keep it refridgerated!

Just so you know, pigs are VERY scary animals. Why, they walked right over to the stroller where the twins were perched and OINKED at them. Terrifying! In fact, I'm pretty sure they could have climbed right over that four foot fence and attacked a helpless baby....

Scary stuff!

EEP!

Really though, can you be scared of this!?

Or this?

I didn't think so! Izzy was obsessed with the babies. It was pretty sweet. Pretty sure she doesn't connect them with the bacon and sausage she eats on a weekly basis. That's probably just as well.
1 comment:
Thanks for coming out to the farm. All the kids were adorable!
Post a Comment