I sure do get a lot of hits for someone who has pretty much fallen off the Blogosphere. It's not my fault, I promise! A nasty, ugly, gross virus gobbled up my hard drive somewhere about 6 weeks ago. It was a painfully slow process and now the damn thing won't come on at all. Sigh. Who does that? Who sits around in their dark little hovel of an apartment and thinks up nasty viruses that want to eat hard drives for a snack? Really? Nothing better to do with your mad computer skills? GET A JOB! MAKE SOMETHING OF YOURSELF!!!! Asshats.
Anyway, things are well here in my world. My husband and I are making one final last ditch effort to save our family from the Divorce Statistics. How do I feel about that? Eh. Not something I'd like to discuss publicly, thankyouverymuch. If you know me well enough to ask me personally, feel free. Otherwise, I'll let ya know how it's going in six months. I'm trying. For real. In a very hard, exhausting, emotionally-sapping way to rebuild something that has long been broken. We'll see how it goes.
In other news, my twins are TALKING! Not a lot and not in sentences but communication is happening verbally on a daily basis. VERY exciting stuff. I can hardly swallow the idea that my babies are going to be two soon. How on earth did that happen? They seem so tiny to me in so many ways. Talking, walking, running, climbing but still so little. They are nursing, although with Claire I think those days are waning. I'm not really sure she'd still be nursing if Benjer wasn't still so insistent about his "Nahnahnahnahnah". At 20 months, we're a long way away from where I am 'uncomfortable' continuing so onward we go. When they wean I am giving myself a tummy tuck as reward for the effort. ;) Not very 'crunchy' but there you have it. I would like to see my pubic bone again when I look down, thanks.
I'm working now, doing more than just photography. It's interesting, having a paycheck in my name again. Good, but tiring trying to juggle working part time with mothering full time and photography tucked in there somewhere. My plan is to transition over to ONLY photography and really get it off the ground. New equipment this year and a real focus on a business plan and all that stuff. Exciting, a little scary, very self-gratifying.
I am richly blessed with some very good friends. To me, their love is such a light in the dark and has sustained me through some very rough patches this past year. I am aware that I am widely gossiped about. I sometimes wonder why I am so interesting? My problems and challenges seem..... common place? Usual? Nothing much to write home about? I suppose I'll take it as a compliment. But really, I'm not all that special to need to be discussed.
Oh, how I am longing for the warm sunshine of the spring. I ache for the sweet smell of the earth growing things. I hate living here in the cold midwest and will be happy to make a home in Texas once again. Oh, and speaking of renewal, my 15 year class reunion was just announced to be held this June. Time to whip out my old, battered copy of Body for Life. I lost (and kept off-through 3 pregnancies even) 40 pounds using that program 6 years ago. It's time to really buckle down and get to business losing the last 50. I realized the other day I have cellulite down to my KNEES! I've been sitting on this couch (well not THIS couch, but ykwim) for pretty much two years and I've lost every single speck of muscle tone I gained back then. I was doing yoga regularly and LOVE it and what it does for my body but I'm afraid it's not going to be enough to get back the tone I've lost. Back to the weight lifting, I'm afraid. And while it's hard work and I don't always enjoy it I do have to admit that I feel better when I'm working out regularly.
So, how's that for a rambling update post? I'm not sure how long the amazing Chelle is going to let me borrow her laptop so it may be a while before I'm back for good. Try not to miss me too much. ;)
4 comments:
We will have to throw a slightly belated second birthday bash for the twins once you are home. Pool party again perhaps?
I'm so happy someone else strives to nurse past the 18 month mark ( I guess I'm a little crunchy after all! lol ) I'll be praying for you and your family, that you may find a way to find the happy marriage you deserve.
Glad you're still hanging in there, sweetie! Take care of yourself.
You have so many hits because so many of as admire your strength and good heart :)
Post a Comment