Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas Card Woes

I LOVE doing Christmas cards. Mostly because I 'm a professional photographer and I like to show off. ;) No, really because I want to share my growing family with all my loved ones who live far from me.

This year, we are particularly tight on money. I've been bleeding every cent I make back in to Breathtaking for the past 4 months and Dave has made a few job hops (beneficial ones) and is having a hard time moving luxury cars in this slowed economy. So our Christmas budget is pretty measly. I'm not sure that I can justify the cost to print and mail cards, even at my reduced professional price.

So, what do you all think? Is it tacky to email a digital card? Since I can take my own photographs and I will buy each child an (inexpensive) outfit for the season anyway.....

Thoughts? (and, if you want a card, leave me your email address ;))

4 comments:

Christie said...

I don't even send them,so you are way ahead of me. I say go for the e-card.

dianthe said...

i love the idea of a digital card - i'm sending out a lot less this year - most people are only going to see it on Facebook!

~* N *~ said...

I don't think it's tacky at all. Do what you gotta do and if anyone complains, they are quite petty. :P

Alison said...

Not tacky :) I've never sent cards because of the cost and mainly because I am lazy.