It happened!
Yesterday, Claire got onto her hands and knees and rocked back and forth. She's 5 months and 2 weeks old and she's trying hard to accomplish this skill early, too. I think Ben getting around so well is pissing her off. He's FAST now. I put him down, turn around, and he's two rooms over getting into something. I need roller blades to keep up with these babies.
Ben also cut his two upper teeth. It was uneventful, as most things with Ben tend to be. All of the sudden he wasn't sleeping so well and then there were teeth coming in and then two days later he'd cut them and was back to his normal napping schedule. Not a fuss or a cry, really. I dosed him with teething tablets when he was tired and when we were out to head off any fussy moments (fussy moments with twins, a toddler, two preschoolers, and a kindergartener are a disaster) and one night with Tylenol to really help him get some good rest. And that was that. He matter-of-factly gets each new step in his development quickly out of the way so he can move on to the next exciting adventure! Claire still graces us with a gummy smile and I have a feeling she won't cut teeth so happily. ;-)
We had a bit of a scary morning last Wednesday. I got up with Wormy at 5:30 and then promptly plopped him on Daddy (who's been sleeping on the futon in the dining room while we rearrange our sleeping arrangements) and went back to sleep. I awoke to Dad YELLING at me to do a mouth sweep because Ben was choking. Whatever it was dislodged when Dave grabbed him off the floor and he swallowed it. The rest of the day he was cranky and inconsolable and just acting like he was in pain. I talked to the doctor a couple of times and we decided together to wait on the x-ray to see what happened. So far, we haven't seen it in his diaper but he's also not had any signs of problems. We're waiting for blood or a distended stomach or something. Otherwise, we'll assume it will pass and he'll be OK. I spent the entire day alternating between worrying that he was going to start vomiting blood at any moment or that he'd have to have abdominal surgery to remove whatever it was/is. Still waiting. Silly Worm.
It's a busy time in our life right now. We've got something going on every single weekend for the next 2 months. My birthday is a week from tomorrow, then we have our family photo session, Thanksgiving, Izzy's birthday, and Christmas. Plus I'm on call for a birth starting this week! After Christmas we're going to Wichita for a 2 week vacation and then it's home and........I'll be bored! Before I know it Ben will be walking and Claire crawling and the second semester of school will begin. Is everyone else's world spinning as fast as mine these days?
3 comments:
Wow! Your life sounds like mine. ;)
In case I forget... Happy Birthday!
My friend's daughter swallowed a button recently and they had to get it out with a scope. She posted the story here: http://meconiumhappens.blogspot.com/2008/10/please-dont-eat-buttons.html
It does seem like the older they get, the faster time goes by. Or, it just might be that time is going by faster these days. We were out tonight and noticed that it was dark by 5p. CRAZY! I'm starting to feel old!! :(
HI!!!
Ok i have been too busy to blog but first of all, WTF with crawling already??????? Who are these super human children? How do you do it?
I miss blogging but glad to be slowly finding time for myself...well while I nurse at least!
Youre amazing. Happy Bday
Post a Comment