I'm pretty sure that someone from the Internet is who called CPS on me. Therefore, to protect myself and my children, I'm removing myself from the public Internet. I'd like to keep Intertwined as a private, invitation only blog for family and close friends who I know I can trust. If you're not sure if you're in that group then you're probably not someone I can be sure I can trust. I'm sorry if that offends, but my first responsibility is to my children. Email me if you'd like an invitation.
I've been blogging here since I found out I was pregnant and I've shared so much. I will leave this message up for a week and then I'm pulling the plug.
I thank each and every reader, friend, family member, lurker, etc. for coming and reading me, interacting with me, becoming my cyber-friend. Know it's been truly appreciated. I'm going to miss sharing my babies with you.
16 comments:
Ugh, I am so sorry to hear about your CPS ordeal. If you'd like to add me to your blogs, I'd be honored. If not I understand of course! (rixa.freeze@gmail.com)
I really dont understand the logic of some people. You're doing nothing wrong and yet CPS is on your case while another baby who is being harmed is going under the radar because officials are too busy looking into the cases of fantastic mums and dads.
Best of luck to you and your family :)
I've really enjoyed reading your blog and seeing your babies grow and become people.
It's really sad, isn't it? I'm finding that these sort of reports are pretty common. It infuriates me that this is taking her time away from helping children in real risk. I have more to say but I can't. :(
Oh, and thanks. I've enjoyed sharing them. :)
I've been reading your blog since you were pregnant with the twins. I don't understand why someone would involve CPS when you are obviously a wonderful mother :( I have so enjoyed watching your babies grow and will miss tuning in for an update and pictures :( But I do understand you must do what you have to
Chantel,
I am one of the anonymous readers who stumbled across your other blog back before you had the twins and I have always enjoyed reading your stories. I am sorry that you are going through a hard time and I just wanted to say that I wish you all the best.
Your children truly are blessings!
God Bless!
Lisa
I am so sad that your are "leaving" and I won't be able to read about your little ones anymore. But, I understand. We had a pediatrician report us to CPS when my daughter was 6 days old and I refused to supplement with a bottle of formula. It was awful. My son is just a bit younger than your twins and it's been fun to read about what is to come as we're just a step behind. :) God Bless You, and to the awful person that caused this....well I'm sure it goes without saying.. :( Thank you for sharing your beautiful family.
I don't know what happened but I am so sorry that you're having to deal with that! ((hugs))
Please send me an invite when you can.
Now I'm scared about my blog!
Wow, Chantel. I am so sorry. I cannot imagine what you are going through. I have enjoyed reading about the twins, as twins really fascinate me! The strength you show as a woman raising 6 children is very inspiring. I like getting the pick-me-up from your blog when I have the chance to visit. I would love to be able to continue reading your blogs, but I understand if that is not possible. my email is ebmommy@cox.net. I am thinking of you and your family, and I hope this is all resolved soon.
Hi Chantel,
I signed once before when you wanted to know who was reading your blog. It is Mary from Boston/Quincy, MA
I am going to miss reading your blog. I have been lurking since before the birth of your twins. I admire your honesty and strength and what life is like in a large family. Don't change who you are.
Another thought...I think whoever reported you was someone who probably knew you. How else would CPS know where you were located. There are some sad individuals out there who want to do harm to an innocent family. You did/said nothing wrong on any of your blogs. I am sure this obstacle will pass. And CPS will move on to a legitimate case, that needs their assistance, instead of someone who is trying to harm your family.
Every once in a while I will look for Intertwined to see if you are still in private. Good luck and give all your children hugs.
Mary
You don't know me from Adam, so I'm not going to request to be entered into your inner sanctum, but I'm going to miss reading about your twins...
Just curious, was it the poop thing that someone complained about?
Makes me so angry...here we are, trying to share some of this craziness and blow off some harmless steam. Most moms I know have a poop story or two (or worse). Your kids are obviously loved and cared for.
I just started reading your blog...cracks me up! Bummer to hear that someone called CPS on you. Do people really have nothing better to do?!?! I agree with you, your number one priority is protecting your babies. I am thinking about going private with our blog because you never really know who is reading it!
Good luck with your beautiful babies!!!
Stephanie
I'm so sorry to hear you're going "undercover" now. I don't expect an invitation at all - in fact I have the post saved where you asked us all to tell you about ourselves so that I could come back to that "when life calms down" here. But I do want to express my sympathies to you with regard to this CPS stuff. They are one of my biggest fears, too, since issues have been developing with my husband's last place of employment. I can't figure out what grounds they would have to call on - I think you're an incredible mama!
God bless you on the journey of parenthood. You'll be in my prayers and I wish you all the best.
A mama in Oregon.
Sad news Chantel, what a pity to spoil the fun.
You don't know me, but I have been an occasional commenter on your blog, and I have enjoyed reading about your pregnancy and birth of your twins. It was SOME ride! Thanks for your visits to my blog too.
Best of luck with your family, I wish you all well.
my heart dropped when I heard your news, chantel. It's everyone's worst nightmare. I can't imagine how anyone who has read your blog ever understood that you were anything but a wonderful and committed parent.
I've been one of your quiet followers in Canada and posted once or twice about surgery after twin birth.
I too have multiples and enjoyed hearing about your life with small children.
I will miss your updates, and wish you all the best on your move.
Erin
I am truly sorry that you are having to deal with this. I'm sure it will all be over quickly but that doesn't really help when you are in the midst of it. I'm just a casual reader but I wanted to let you know I enjoyed reading your blog. Best of Luck :)
Meghan
Post a Comment